Broccoli and Parmesan Casserole
I have yet to try this but it looks yummy and "company friendly" as well as a great comfort dish for my family.
- 8 C coarsely chopped broccoli florets (about 2 lbs)
- 1/3 C all purpose flour (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 1/2 C fat free milk
- 1 C fat free , less sodium chicken broth
- 1 C (4 oz.) reduced fat shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 C (2 oz) oz. grated parmesan cheese divided
- 2 TBS. diced pimientos, drained.
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 12 garlic melba toast rounds
1. Preheat oven to 400 2. Cook broccoli until crisp tender. 3. Combine flour, salt and dry mustard in a large, heavy saucepan over med heat; gradually add fat free milk and chick. broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook for approx. 8 min. or until it is thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add shredded cheese and 6 TBS. grated parm. cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in pimientos and pepper. Add broccoli, tossing to coat. 4. Place in 13x 9 in. pan. Crush melba toast crumbs then combine with extra parm. cheese. Spread evenly over broccoli mixture. Bake at 400 for 15 min. Cool slightly before serving. Yield about 8 C.