Dessert - Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Cheesecake
- PRETZEL CRUST
- 1 and 1/2 cups (120g) very finely ground salty pretzels (about 3 cups whole pretzels)
- 3 Tablespoons (35g) granulated sugar
- 7 Tablespoons (100g) unsalted butter, melted
- PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 16 ounces (448g) cream cheese, softened to room temperature (not fat free)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 regular sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped (or 20 small)
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (45g) chocolate chips
Adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
For the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse salty pretzels into a fine crumb. See photo above for how it will look. Stir the pretzel crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl. Press evenly into the lined pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
For the filling: Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Fold in the chopped Reese's cups and spread the mixture over crust. Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
For the drizzle: Melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips together in a small bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth and drizzle over squares.
Store bars in a covered container for up to 10 days in the refrigerator. Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9x13-inch pan, baking time will vary - about 45-55 minutes.