Cornbread (Vegan/Oil free/Sugar free)
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups 100% whole grain spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. potassium salt
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from kristininherkitchen.blogspot.ca
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.Combine the ground flax seed and 1/3 cup water in a small bowl and let the mixture stand for at least 5 minutes.
3. Combine the non-dairy milk and the vinegar in another bowl and let stand.
4. Mix the dry ingredients together with a whisk or fork.
5. Mix the applesauce, milk mixture, and flax seed mixture together. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients. Stir just until they are well mixed.
6. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 8 X 8 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until cooked through.