Breakfast Egg, Crispy Bacon, Heirloom Tomatoes & Brie on Toasted English Muffins
Perhaps this crispy bacon, egg and heirloom tomato sandwich isn’t the healthiest bet for a breakfast sandwich but, as they say, everything in moderation! So enjoy!
- 8 strips of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 English muffins
- 1/4 cup pesto, tapenade or sun-dried tomato paste
- 8 small thin slices brie or Camembert, (2 to 3 ounces)
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a large frying pan, preferably nonstick, cook bacon until crispy. Remove to paper towels.
Wipe out all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from pan. Crack eggs into pan and cook as desired, flipping for firmer eggs.
Toast muffins, and then lightly spread both sides of muffins with pesto. Tapenade and sun-dried tomato pastes also make this delicious!
On bottom half, layer slices of brie cheese then eggs, tomatoes and bacon. Top with remaining muffin halves.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Latkes 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Wild Blueberry Gelato 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Tenderloins 4/5 (60 Votes)
- Curried Cauliflower Casserole 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Sweet Apple... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Oatmeal Whole Wheat Blueberry... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Crockpot Bacon Topped Mac and... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pepperidge Farm Baked French Toast... 3.7/5 (58 Votes)