Spinach And Mushroom Ravioli
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil for boiling water
- 6 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz) thawed, squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan plus
- extra for garnishing
- 6 egg roll wrappers - (6 1/2" by 6 1/2")
- 2 large eggs beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped mushroom (cremini, shiitake, button)
- 2 cups Simple Tomato Sauce (see recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large saute pan heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil. When almost smoking, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated from the mushrooms, about 6 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and place mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until you get a coarse texture. Place in bowl and stir in mascarpone and Parmesan cheese. Check for seasoning and set aside.
Line up 3 wrappers on a cutting board. Brush with the egg and water mixture. Using a tablespoon, arrange 4 dollops of the filling on each wrapper 2 on the first row and 2 on the second 1-inch apart. Place another wrapper directly on top, pressing around the filling and sealing the edges. Using a fluted ravioli cutter, cut out squares of ravioli. Each filled wrapper will yield 4 raviolis, giving you a total of 12 ravioli. Place ravioli onto a floured baking sheet and keep covered with a linen towel.
In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of salted and oiled water. Carefully add small batches of ravioli, about 3 to 4 at a time. This will prevent them from crowding in the pot and sticking together. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a spider strainer, carefully remove the ravioli and place on the plate. Tent with foil to keep warm and continue cooking remaining ravioli.
In a saute pan, heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. When almost smoking, add chopped mushrooms and saute until soft and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Carefully pour in tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
Divide ravioli between 2 serving plates. Top with mushroom tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)