Spaghetti With Garlic, Olive Oil And Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. The reserved pasta water will help create the sauce. Do not rinse pasta with water you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick.
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until light brown and fragrant. It's important not too burn the garlic or else it will become bitter. Remove and discard the browned garlic. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. Carefully add the reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Place the spaghetti into the pan and mix well for 1 minute.
Remove pan from heat and top with fresh herbs.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (320 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (298 Votes)