Campaign Spirit Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Chicken Breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 lb. small whole mushrooms, halved
- 2/3 cup champagne or dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. light cream or milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
In a 10" skillet, melt butter. Add chicken and cook over med-high heat 5-7 min. or until lightly browned on both sides. Reduce heat. Add mushrooms, champagne, salt, tarragon and pepper. Cook covered over med heat about 15 minutes.
liquid--about 1/2 cup. Keep chicken warm. Stir cream mixture in reserved liquid in skillet. Cook and stir til thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 min. more. Spoon over chicken and mushrooms.