Seared Rib-Eye Steak With Arugula And Roasted Pepper Salad
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus
- extra for brushing
- 2 beef 1"-thk rib-eye steaks - (16 oz ea)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula washed, spun dry
- 1 1/2 cups roasted peppers rinsed, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces Parmesan block
In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season steaks with salt and pepper. When pan starts to smoke, carefully add steaks. Allow the steaks to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on 1 side, without moving or piercing the meat. This will help create a good, crusty sear. When steaks are brown, flip and sear the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove meat to a large plate and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Decoratively line a large platter with arugula. Tear the roasted peppers into large pieces and scatter over the arugula. In a small bowl, whisk in the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and any meat juices that may have collected on the plate from the steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice the steaks across the grain and on a bias into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces. Lay the slices on top of the salad and drizzle with dressing. Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan over the dish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)