Roasted Baby Potatoes With Herbs
- 1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes scrubbed (abt 1 3/4" dia)
- 1/2 pound small white-skinned potatoes scrubbed (abt 1 3/4" dia)
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence plus
- extra for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus
- extra for drizzling
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Put the potatoes into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended, and then pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to a heavy large baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs, about 1 hour. Transfer the roasted potatoes to a decorative platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and herbes de Provence, if desired. Serve hot or warm.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.