Raffy's Turkey Sausage And Chestnut Stuffing
- 1 medium green apple cored, and diced into 1" cubes
- 1 medium red apple cored, and diced into 1" cubes
- 1 medium onion diced 1/2" cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 bag dried cranberries - (6 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage removed from casing
- 1 jar steamed whole chestnuts - (8 oz) roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound day old cornbread or bread cut 1/2" cubes
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup canned chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium saute pan add the apples, onion, 1 tablespoon oil and butter cook over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes to soften. Add the wine, cranberries, and salt and pepper, simmer for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turkey sausage meat and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl toss together the fruit and onion mixture, the sausage, the chestnuts, the cornbread and red pepper flakes. Combine all the ingredients.
Add the chicken stock, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Gently place into an 8 1/2- by 8 1/2-inch glass Pyrex baking dish and top with the remaining Parmesan. Dot with butter. Place in middle rack and bake until top is golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Turkey Sausage with Fennel... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Warm Pasta Salad with Italian... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Straw Mushrooms With Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Goose Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Wild Turkey Fingers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Turkey Steaks 0/5 (0 Votes)