Raffy's Turkey Sausage And Chestnut Stuffing
- 1 medium green apple cored, and diced into 1" cubes
- 1 medium red apple cored, and diced into 1" cubes
- 1 medium onion diced 1/2" cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 bag dried cranberries - (6 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage removed from casing
- 1 jar steamed whole chestnuts - (8 oz) roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound day old cornbread or bread cut 1/2" cubes
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup canned chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium saute pan add the apples, onion, 1 tablespoon oil and butter cook over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes to soften. Add the wine, cranberries, and salt and pepper, simmer for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turkey sausage meat and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl toss together the fruit and onion mixture, the sausage, the chestnuts, the cornbread and red pepper flakes. Combine all the ingredients.
Add the chicken stock, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Gently place into an 8 1/2- by 8 1/2-inch glass Pyrex baking dish and top with the remaining Parmesan. Dot with butter. Place in middle rack and bake until top is golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Crock Pot Italian Turkey Meatballs 4.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Kentucky Hot Brown Bake 4.4/5 (110 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)