Skinny Pumpkin Muffins
recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff web site
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (you can use dark chocolate)
Adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
1.Preheat oven to 375ºF, and line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
2.Whisk dry ingredients and spices together in a large bowl.
3.Add pumpkin, oil, milk, egg, and egg white to a medium-size bowl, and mix thoroughly. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix well. Stir in your chocolate chips.
4.Fill muffin tins about ¾ of the way full.
5.Bake about 15 to 18 minutes
6.Makes 14 muffins.