Tomato Vodka Sauce
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Original recipe makes 4 servingsChange Servings
- 1 tablespoonbutter
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) cancanned peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 cupheavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cupvodka
- 1/4 teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 poundpenne pasta
- 2 tablespoonsgrated Parmesan cheese
- Check AllAdd to Shopping List
- 1 .In a large skillet over medium heat, melt better with oil; add onion and saute for 8 minutes or until transparent.
- 2 .Add tomatoes and cook for 25 minutes or until almost no liquid remains in skillet; stir frequently.
- 3 .Increase heat and add cream, vodka and red pepper flakes; boil for 2 minutes or until thickened to sauce consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4 .Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 5 .Bring sauce to a simmer and pour over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve.