Sauteed Chicken with Garlicky Pasta
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb total)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5oz) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh flat leaf parsley
Cooking time 20mins
1. Combine 1 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp salt & 1/8 pepper in a cup. Sprinkle over both sides of each chicken breast. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, turning once, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter and cover.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil same skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 more minute. Transfer to a large bowl. Whisk together broth, flour, and mustard, then add to skillet and bring to a simmer, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, and remaining thyme and cook 1 minute more.
3. Transfer drained pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with remaining oil, salt, and pepper, then stir in mushroom mixture and hot broth mixture. Serve with chicken.