Servings: 0 servings
If you have never had this you must try it.It was my favorite while I was in Korea stationed in the Army.I craved this for years after leaving Korea.I pile it over rice it is fantastic!!Even My pickey husband loves it.
- For the beef:
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced rib-eye
- steak purchased from an Asian market.
- Alternatively you can slice your own
- rib eye across the grain in
- paper-thin slices.
- Wrap the beef in plastic wrap and
- freeze for 30 minutes before cutting.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopp
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 green onions finely sliced
Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl except beef and onions. Add the beef and onions to the marinade and work the marinade into the meat with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or up to 24 hours. Pre-heat a grill pan or barbecue to medium heat and cook 1-2 minutes per side until the beef is cooked through and slightly caramelized.