Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 2.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (optional)*
• In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to package directions. While the pasta cooks, create the pesto by blending the basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor. Season with the salt and pepper.
• Drain the pasta. In a large serving bowl, toss the pesto with hot, freshly cooked pasta and garnish each serving with a basil leaf. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top the pasta with sun-dried tomatoes.