- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups red bell peppers, diced (1 pepper)
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno chile, chopped (1 chile)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 4 1/2 cups roma tomatoes, diced (8 tomatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional) 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and saute 7-9 minutes.
Add jalapeno and garlic, and saute 1 minute more.
Add tomatoes and cumin, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Uncover and cook 6-8 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
Stir in tomato paste, and cook 1 minute more.
EGGS IN SALSA:.
Reduce heat to low. Make 4 cavities in mixture with wooden spoon. Break 1 egg into small dish, and slip into cavity. Repeat with remaining eggs.
Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, or until egg whites are set.
Sprinkle with parsley, if using. Serve immediately.