Wild Berry-Oatmeal Cheesecake Muffins
Kraft Food & Family Fall '12
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs orange zest
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Calumet Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. heat oven to 300 degrees
2. combine oats and buttermilk in small bowl; let stand 10 min.
Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and zest with mixer unitl blended; set aside. Mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Add egg and butter to oat mixture; stir until well blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir until just moistened. Gently stir in berries
Spoon half the batter evenly into muffin cups lined with 12 extra-large or giant paper liners. Top each with scant tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture; cover with remaining batter.
3. bake 30-35 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean