Out-n-In California Burger
Cooking Light March 2011
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat, lower-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 8 bread-and-butter pickle chips
Preparation time 22mins
Cooking time 22mins
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Divide beef into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in the center of each patty; sprinkle patties evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side. Top each patty with 1 cheese slice; cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts and patties are desired degree of doneness.
3. Place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom half of each hamburger bun; top with 1 patty, 1 onion slice, 2 tomato slices, about 2 avocado slices, 2 pickle chips, about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce, and top half of bun.