Hearty Sausage Casserole
- 2 lbs sweet italian turkey
- sausage cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 T worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t ground sage
- 2 16oz cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 50 premium crackers any variety
In a large skillet over medium high heat brown sausage.Drain. Add onions, carrot and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and sage.
In 3 quart baking dish combine beans and sausage mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot with crackers.