- 2 lemons juiced, plus
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 medium Belgian endive heads ends trimmed, and cut into 1" circles
- 1 medium green apple peeled, cored, and cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 pound Gruyere cheese rind removed, and diced into 1" cubes
- 1/2 avocado diced 1" cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (or the seeds of 1 small pomegranate)
- 2/3 cup defrosted corn kernels (or 1/2 ear corn, cooked and kernels removed)
In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
Put the endive and apples into a large decorative serving bowl. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the bowl and toss to coat the endive and apples so they don't turn brown. Add the cheese and avocado, and then add the cranberries and corn.
Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and toss to coat.
This recipe yields 4 servings.