Spicy Fish Tacos with Fresh Lime Sauce
These delicious tacos are filled with bite sized chunks of white fish filets seasoned with taco seasonings, topped with crunchy cabbage and a lime yogurt dressing. So yummy!
- 1 pound white fish fillets, such as tilapia or catfish
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 box (4.6-ounce taco shells
- 1 container (6-ounce) Greek fat free plain yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, diced
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Sprinkle both sides of fish fillets with taco seasoning mix. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook fish in oil 6 to 8 minutes over medium heat, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut into bite-size chunks.
Meanwhile, heat taco shells as directed on box.
In large bowl, mix yogurt, lime peel, lime juice, sugar and salt. Stir in coleslaw mix, cilantro and jalapeño. Let stand 5 minutes.
Spoon slightly less than 1/4 cup fish chunks and 1/4 cup coleslaw mixture into each taco shell; top each with about 1 tablespoon tomato.
You'll also love
- Taco-rific Spaghetti Squash Bake 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Spiced Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pineapple ~ Mango Salsa Wontons 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Lemonade Cheesecake Pie 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Maple Salmon 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Tricia Yearwood's Key Lime Cake 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with Spicy... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)