3 servings, 1 cup each
3 points plus
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 6 cups (about 1 pound) chopped portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fat free non-dairy liquid creamer
- 2 wedges the laughing cow light original cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place butter in a large pot and bring to medium high heat. Once melted add mushrooms and onions, stir.
Saute 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 5 additional minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in broth and creamer. Allow to cool and either transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender. Place cheese wedges in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 25 seconds. Mix with a fork until smooth.
Add cheese to soup and blend until smooth. Season, heat and serve.