Fried Bucatini with Breadcrumbs
- 10 oz. bucatini or perciatelli
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dried Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs. freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbs. capers, drained
1. Cook bucatini according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts, and cook 3 minutes or until browned and toasted. Transfer to plate.
3. Wipe out skillet, add oil and garlic and heat over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs and red pepper flakes, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until breadcrumbs begin to brown. Add bucatini and parsley and cook 2 more minutes, tossing with tongs. Transfer to bowls and toss with capers and pine nuts.