if you are making this for a small family, say 3-4 people (especially if a couple of those people are children), I HIGHLY suggest cutting the recipe in half and making this in an 8x8 dish.
Please note that there are NO errors in the ingredients. Yes...32 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese is correct, as is 24 oz of spaghetti. Feel free to use less if you're uncomfortable with that amount, but as I said, I made it exactly as stated below and it was amazing. We all loved it.
Trust me though, when I say use a large bowl to mix the filling together, I do mean a LARGE bowl!
- spaghetti (24 oz)
- shredded mozzarella cheese (32 oz)
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
- 1 lb ground beef
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.
2. In LARGE bowl, stir together sour cream, ricotta, half-and-half, mozzarella, oregano, basil, pepper, garlic, salt, and half the Parmesan cheese. Add spaghetti and toss until well coated.
3. Pour spaghetti mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Top spaghetti with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover dish and bake 30 minutes.
4. While pasta is baking, prepare meat sauce. Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer.
5. Remove pasta from oven. Cut into squares and top with meat sauce.