- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350, Lightly coat the bottom and about 1/2" up the sides of an 8x4x2" loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl stir together flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl stir together mashed bananas, brown sugar, milk, egg whites, and oil. Add banana mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). If desired, fold in 2 tablespoons of the walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.