Farfalle With Turkey Sausage, Peas And Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage removed from casing
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 1 package frozen peas - (10 oz) defrosted slightly
- 1 pound dried farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Grano Padano
In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil.
In a large saute pan over high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season turkey with salt and pepper. Add turkey and saute breaking any large lumps until golden brown. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan and heat. Add chopped mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Saute until all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the peas and saute for 4 minutes. Return the meat to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
When the pot of water has come to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander. Return pasta to the pot and add the meat mixture. Combine thoroughly and gently cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Drizzle in remaining olive oil. If the mixture is dry, do not hesitate to use more olive oil if necessary. Check the seasoning. Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese. Stir well and serve in large bowl.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)