Peanut Butter Truffles
A perfect party dessert that no one can resist. I mean who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter?! Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups tiny marshmallows
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Finely chopped peanuts, optional
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Butter the side of a medium heavy saucepan. In the saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture is boiling. Reduce heat to medium; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in marshmallows, peanut butter, and vanilla. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Chill for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture is thick and can be molded.
Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip balls, one at a time, into melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off balls. Place on a wire rack set over waxed paper. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts. Let stand until chocolate is set.
If desired, when chocolate is set, drizzle with a little melted milk chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Storage Layer truffles between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You'll also love
- Grilled Citrus and Grape Sangria 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Pound Cake 4.5/5 (95 Votes)
- Snickerdoodles 4.4/5 (100 Votes)
- Baked French Toast Muffins 4.5/5 (95 Votes)
- Chili's Copycat Presidente... 3.8/5 (170 Votes)
- Florence Mama's Candied Yams 4.5/5 (92 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Bark 4.4/5 (96 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge Banana No Bake... 4.5/5 (88 Votes)