Spiced Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used non fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- A small squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh date, pitted and chopped (optional)
- Ice cubes
Combine oats and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
To a blender add milk, yogurt, cinnamon, turmeric, apple, vanilla, maple syrup, lemon juice, date (if using), ice cubes (7 – 8 if you like it thicker) and cooked oats. Blend on high until smooth.
Pour into a glass or jar. Finish with a light dusting of cinnamon on top.