Beer Batter Cod with Tartar Sauce, French Fries, Brocollini & Fruit Salad
Bring the Atlantic to the dinner table with a side of tartar sauce. Add the perfect sides with some fries and broccolini, and end the meal with a sweet fruit salad.
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1 pound cod, wild caught, skin removed, cut into 4" pieces
- 1/2 cup organic white flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large organic egg
- 8 ounce dark lager beer
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 bag frozen organic french fries
- 1 bunch organic broccolini
- 1/2 cup canola based mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon organic capers
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon organic minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- FRUIT SALAD:
- 1 pint organic blueberries
- 1 pint organic raspberries
- 1 (14 ounce) jar mandarin oranges, drained
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat oil in deep fryer to 375˚F.
In a large, flat bowl mix flour and corn starch together with a whisk. Add the egg. Slowly, whisk in beer until batter is smooth. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Drag pieces of cod through the batter coating thoroughly.
Using tongs dip the fish into the deep fryer. Hold for a few seconds until the batter get slightly brown. Drop fish into the fryer for 7 minutes. By holding the fish in the oil for a few seconds will keep the fish from sticking to the basket.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the tartar sauce. Mix thoroughly and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
After all the fish is cooked, add French fries to the fryer for 3 minutes. With 1 minute left to go, add the broccolini to the deep fat fryer. Remove and put fries and broccolini in a bowl lined with paper towels. Season with salt.
Combine all fruit salad ingredients together in a bowl.
Serve fish, tartar sauce, fries, broccolini and fruit.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Apple Butter 4.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Orange Rosemary Pork Tenderloin 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Banana Nut Muffins with Oatmeal... 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Caramelized Baked Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Oven-roasted Potatoes and Sausage 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Red Lobster's Cheese Biscuit 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Baked Cod 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Chopped Winter Salad 4.4/5 (48 Votes)