Grilled Bourbon Bacon Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Old El Paso diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoon bacon bits or cooked bacon crumbled
- 4 teaspoon bourbon
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 thick slices aged white cheddar cheese (of more if you're cutting narrow slices)
- 4 onion buns
- 8 slices romaine lettuce, sliced into equal pieces for each burger 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl combine the beef, chiles, bourbon, bacon bits, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until well combined, then form four equal patties. You can either marinate these in the fridge for a few hours, or start grilling immediately.
2. Preheat the grill to a medium-high and grill burgers until cooked through, or your desired doneness. Once you flip the burgers, add the cheese so that it melts in the grilling process.
3. Grill the buns as well until you get good grill marks.
4. In the meantime, render your bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until nice and crisp. Transfer to a plate and pat dry. Break in half so that you have a few pieces for each burger.
5. Serve burgers garnished with bacon and crisp romaine lettuce!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.5/5 (227 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)