4 points plus each
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener (granulated)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about four bananas)
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup no sugar added applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low sugar or sugar-free strawberry preserves.
- Optional topping: fat-free reddi-wip
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray large loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
In another large bowl, combine mashed bananas, egg substitute, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Add this mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
Spoon half of the batter into the loaf pan and set aside. Place preserves in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until warm and soft about 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle preserves over the batter in pan. Evenly top with remaining batter.
Bake in oven for 50 min. or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Remove from pan and cut into eight slices. Serve. And if you like. Top with topping.