- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus
- extra for drizzling
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 12 shucked Manilla clams shells reserved
- Coarse salt for lining baking
Preheat oven to broil.
In a large bowl gently toss bread crumbs, herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper. Be careful not to overwork the mixture. Set aside.
Line a baking sheet with salt and arrange 12 clam shells. Put 1 clam in each shell and top with 2 tablespoons of the bread crumb mixture. Drizzle with olive oil. Broil 2 to 3 minutes.
This recipe yields 2 servings.