ASIAN-STYLED FRIED RICE AND BEANS bhg
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced, or
- 8 oz can piuneapple slices
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 3 m3edium carrots, thinly bias-sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or less)
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 C cooked brown rice (leftover or quick-cooking is fine)
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- rinsed and drained
- 1 C frozen peas,. thawed
- 3 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 C snipped, fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, halved
1.nnQuarter pineapple slices. In a 12 in. skillet heat 2 tsp of the oil over medium heat. Add pineapple, cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Pour the remaining 1 tsp oil into the hot skillet. Add carrots, cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic and ginger, cook 30 seconds.
. Stir in brown rice, garbanzo beeans and peas. Add soy sauce. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cilantro. Return pineapple to pan..
4. To serve, squeeze lime over all. Top with additional fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.