Raspberry Crumb Cake
Pretty pieces of fresh raspberries peek out from every piece of this moist, tender cake.
- 1/2 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix (1 2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Fresh raspberries, if desired Fresh mint leaves, if desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 9- or 8-inch square pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, sour cream, oil, water and egg with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread in pan. Place raspberries on top of batter.
3. in small bowl, stir topping ingredients with fork until well mixed_ Sprinkle evenly over batter and raspberries.
4. Bake 9-inch pan 30 to 40 minutes, 8-inch pan 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
Frozen berries (not packed in any syrup), thawed and drained, can be used in place of the fresh raspberries. This is a great cake to bring to a friend's house, along with coffee or latte, in the morning or afternoon.
You can use the remaining cake mix (about 1 2/3 cups) to make about 12 cupcakes. Add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil to the cake mix. Mix and bake as directed on box.