Whole Grain Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Basil
- 6 thin slices whole grain french baguette or italian bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch each of salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until toasted. Remove from oven.
2.Cut the garlic clove in half and run each slice. Drizzle slices with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Toss the tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and remaining oil in a bowl. Spoon onto slices. Season with salt & pepper.