Creamy Chicken and Potato Casserole
Nutrition information per serving: 420 calories; 120 calories from fat (29 percent of total calories); 13 g fat (4 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 100 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 3 g sugar; 32 g protein; 700 mg sodium.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream-of-chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20-ounce package hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup green beans, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Meat from a 2-pound rotisserie chicken, cubed, skin and bones discarded
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat the oven to 400 F.
In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, stir together the mayonnaise, soup, milk, pepper, salt, thyme and garlic powder. Stir in the potatoes, zucchini, green beans, carrots and chicken. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and the breadcrumbs. Bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbling and the vegetables are tender.
Tip: Bagged hash brown potatoes (not the frozen type) can be found in the refrigerator section of your grocer, often near the eggs.