- 1 wedge Parmigiano-Reggiano - (abt 8 oz)
- 1 wedge Fontina or Taleggio - (abt 8 oz)
- 1 wedge Gorgonzola - (abt 6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 fresh figs quartered
- 1 cluster seedless red grapes
- 1 cluster seedless green grapes
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup whole shelled walnuts or pecans toasted
- 1 loaf ciabatta sliced
Arrange the cheeses together on 1 very large platter, or separately on small platters. Drizzle the honey around the Gorgonzola cheese. Arrange some of the fresh and dried fruits, nuts, and bread on the large cheese platter. Arrange the rest of the fruit and nuts on another platter. Serve, allowing guests to compose their own assortment of cheese, fruit, nuts, and bread on their plate.
This recipe yields 8 to 12 servings.