Grilled Shrimp Salad
Prep 30 min
cook 20 minutes
- 1 lime
- 2 TBL Mayonnaise
- 2 TBL sour cream
- 3 TBL Vegetable oil
- 2 TBL (packed light brown sugar)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 12 large shrimp (about 3/4 lb) - peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 1 small red onion, cute into 1/3 inch wedges with core attached
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/3 inch thick planks
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves coarsely torn
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 TBL toasted pepitas
1. Grate 1/2 tsp. zest from the lime, then halve and squeeze enough juice to measure 4 TBL in a small bowl, whisk the zest, 1 tsp. juice, mayonnaise, sour cream and 2 tsp water; Season with salt & pepper. Cover and chill.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 3tsp. lime juice, 1 TBL oil, sugar and chili powder. Add the shrimp; toss to coat. Let Marinate, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
3.Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. On a baking sheet, coat the onion, corn and zucchini with the remaining 2 TBL oil; season. Grill turning occasionally, until tender and charred in spots, 6-8 minutes for the onion and zucchini and about 13 minutes for corn . Cut the zucchini into 1 inch pieces. Cut kernels off the cob. Grill the shrimp turning once, until just opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, avocado, vegetables and shrimp. When you sit down plate and top with dressing and pepitas.