Spicy Broccoli Raab and Gemelli
- 8 oz gemelli
- 1 small bunch broccoli raab, cut into 2 inch pieces (6 cups)
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/3 c dried currants or golden raisins
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1/3 c shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 T Marsala wine, optional
Cook gemelli according to the pakcage directions until al dente.
Blanch broccoli raab in pot of boiling slated water 2 mins, drain.
Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add chickpeas and oil and cook 2 mins or until chickpeas start to pop. Add currents, garlic, red pepper flakes and broccoli raab; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until broccoli raab is tender.
Drain gemelli and transfer to serving bowl. Add broccoli raab mixture, pistachios, and Marsala wine.