Swordfish with sweet and hot peppers
Mixing and matching, work the extremes with the peppers
- 2 TBS EVO
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups sliced sweet peppers (a mix of bell peppers, cubanelle and others, as many colors as possible)
- 1 TBS chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. swordfish, skin removed, cut into 1 1/4 inch chunks
- 2-3 fresh chile de arbor or other hot chile pepper, seeded if desired, and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- lemon juice, as needed chopped cilantro, as needed.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Add oil and let warm for 1 minute.
Add onion and cook, tossing occasionally until soft and golden brown; 7-10 minutes.
Stir in sweet peppers and oregano, cook until very soft, about 10 minutes.
Season with 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Scape veggies into bowl.
Melt butter in skillet. While buter melts. Toss fish with remaining salt and peppers.
Add half the chile peppers to skillet and cook until soft, 1 min.
Add garlic to skillet and stir quickly to coat with butter.
Add fish and reduce heat heat to med-low cook gently until fish is just opaque, about 5mins
Return sweet peppers to the pan and toss well
Sprinkle with remaining chile peppers and top with a squeeze of lemon & cilantro