Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Carbohydrates 8.5 g
Dietary fiber 2.2 g
Cholestero l0 mg
Fat 7.4 g
Saturated fat 1.1 g
Sodium 21 mg
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled if the skin is bitter, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh curly parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup unrefined extra virgin olive oil
- unrefined sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lemon, strained
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Toss the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onion and parsley together in a big mixing bowl but take care not to bruise the tomatoes to badly.
2. When the vegetables and parsley are thoroughly mixed together so as to ensure that every spoonful of salad yields a little bit of cucumber, parsley, onion and tomato, pour the juice of one lemon and 1/4 cup unrefined olive oil over the salad. Stir it again.
3. Generously season the salad with unrefined sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.