(Slow Cooker) Beer-Braised Beef
An oval 3- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker works best for this recipe because of the shape of the meat. If you don't own an oval slow cooker, cut the meat in half to fit the one you have. Spoon this fork-tender, saucy beef over mashed potatoes.
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless top round steak, trimmed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 4mins
1. Place onion in a 3- to 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place steak over onion in cooker; pour tomatoes and beer over steak. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until steak is very tender.
3. Shred steak with 2 forks in slow cooker; stir in molasses and salt. Let steak stand 10 minutes before serving.