Broccoli And Green Beans
- 8 cups broccoli florets - (abt 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus more if desired
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Have ready a large bowl of ice water. Place broccoli into pot and cook for 2 minutes. You just want to parboil the broccoli at this point since you will saute it later on. Using a spider strainer, remove broccoli from pot and shock it in a bowl of ice water. When broccoli is completely cool, place it in a colander and allow to drain.
Refresh the bowl of ice water. Bring the water back to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 4 minutes. Like the broccoli, you just want to parboil the green beans. Remove green beans from pot with spider strainer and add to ice water. When green beans are completely cool, add them to the colander and allow to drain.
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil. When almost smoking, add the garlic and saute for about 45 seconds. When the garlic starts to brown, remove immediately and discard. Overcooking the garlic will impart a very bitter taste to the dish. Add the red pepper flakes, broccoli and green beans to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.6/5 (80 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Bean... 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Garlic & Lemon Chicken w/ Green... 4.7/5 (55 Votes)