Chinese Napa Cabbage Salad
Chinese Napa Cabbage Salad tossed with ramen noodles, slivered almonds and a sesame soy dressing.
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 large head napa cabbage, shredded
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 cup white sugar
Adapted from bookcooking.net
Crush noodles, place them in a medium skillet and brown in butter over medium heat. Add almonds and sesame seeds. Stir often to prevent burning.
Add seasoning mix from noodles and cool. Toss in a large bowl with cabbage and onions.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Pour over salad, toss and serve.