Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with Ginger and Green Onion Dipping Sauce
- 8 pounces uncooked ground chicken breast
- 1/4 cup canned whole or sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped.
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion (1)
- 5 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 recipe ginger and green onion dipping sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 5mins
1. Lightly flour a baking sheet set aside. For filling, in a large bowl combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onion, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
2. In a small bowl lightly beat egg white and the 1 tbsp water. Spoon about 1 tbsp of the filling into the center if each wonton wrappers. Brush edges with egg mixture. Fold wrappers in half across filling, bringing opposite corners together. Pleat edges and press to seal. Arrange pot stickers on prepared baking sheet. Keep filled pot stickers covered while filling remaining wrappers.
3. Loosely cover the pot stickers with plastic wrap and freeze about 3 hours or until completely frozen. Transfer pot stickers to a reuseable plastic freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze for up to 2 months.
4. In an extra large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Place the frozen pot stickers in the skillet, arranging them so they aren't touching. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely browned on the bottom. Carefully add the 1/2 cup water to the skillet. Cover. Reduce heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until tender and filling is cooked through.