Indian Grilled Chicken with Mint
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Grated zest from 1 fresh lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spearmint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. In a one-gallon sealable plastic bag, mix together all ingredients except chicken breasts.
2. Add chicken breasts, close bag, and let chicken marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the breasts from bag (discard bag and marinade).
3. Lightly oil the grill of a barbecue. Heat to medium-hot and place chicken on hot grill. As soon as chicken begins to sear and brown, turn over and lower heat.
4. Don’t let chicken burn, just slowly cook once it has been seared on both sides. Turn often as it cooks, which should take about 20 to 25 minutes.