Sausage and Barley Soup
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
4 points plus
Calories from fat: 24%
Saturated fat: 1.5g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Cooking spray $
- 6 ounces turkey breakfast sausage $
- 2 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper stir-fry (such as Birds Eye)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped $
- 1/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach $
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat.
2. While sausage cooks, place stir-fry and 2 cups water in a blender; process until smooth. Add stir-fry puree, tomatoes, and barley to sausage in pan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.