Self-Frosting Pumpkin Nutella Muffins
These muffins are a breeze to make. Dry ingredients of flour and spices, and wet ingredients that includes pumpkin puree, oil and eggs are whisked together. A dollop of Nutella spread is swirled on top and baked. The muffins are tender and super moist, with a "self-frosting" hazelnut-chocolate topping. These taste even better the next day. Recipe from the food blog "Phemomenon".
- 1 – 15 oz can pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- NOTE: I used 2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg measurements
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons natural (not Dutch) cocoa powder
- 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella for topping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or spray a 12-cup muffin pan, set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups evenly (will be about 3/4 full). Scoop a heaping teaspoon of Nutella onto the top of each muffin. Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the Nutella slightly around the top of the batter.
Bake the cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts 4.5/5 (140 Votes)
- Strawberry Bonbons 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops 4.1/5 (263 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Pasta 4.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Kevin's Famous Greek-Style Potatoes 4.6/5 (130 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Popcorn 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake 4.5/5 (133 Votes)