Fresh Georgia Peach Pie
May use 5 cups frozen peaches, thawed
- Pastry for 1 double-crust (9-inch) pie
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tps. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. gound cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine cut into small pieces
Fit 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions.
Sprinkle lemon juice over peaches and toss gently.
Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add peaches, and toss gently to coat. Pour peach mixture into pastry shell; dot with butter.
Top with remaining piecrust; fold edges under and crimp. Cut several slits in top for steam to escape. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; shield edges with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake additional 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until crust is golden brown. Let cool on wire rack 1 hour.