Cookie-Potato Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling on baked cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. For best results line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Alternatively, you should use ungreased baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add the chopped nuts and crushed potato chips and stir well, making sure everything is well combined.
4. Add the flour and stir just until combined.
5. Roll the mixture into small (1-inch) balls, and place on baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
6. Press the balls of dough with the back of a fork to flatten slightly, (If the fork sticks, try pressing the fork into a small amount of sugar and then pressing into the cookie dough.
7. Bake the cookies until light golden brown, about 13 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to set on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Sprinkle the cookies with a dusting of confectioner's sugar while still warm.
This recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen Potato Chip Cookies